- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Hospice & Palliative Care Federation of Massachusetts includes Hospice locator
- Funeral Consumers Alliance
- National Home Funeral Alliance
- Green Burial Information and resources (from NHFA website)
- Association for Death Education and Counseling
- Compassion and Choices
- Massachusetts Coalition for Serious illness care
- The Five Invitations: Discovering What Death Can Teach Us About Living Fully - Frank Ostaseski
- Intimate Death: How the Dying Teach Us how to Live - Marie de Hennezel
- Die Wise: A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul - Stephen Jenkinson
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End – Atul Gwande M.D.
- Handbook for Mortals: Guidance for People Facing Serious Illness - Joanne Lynn and Janice Lynch Schuster
Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs and Communications of the Dying - Maggie Callahan&Patricia Kelley
Who Dies? – Stephen Levine
Lessons from the Dying – Rodney Smith
From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death - Caitlin Doughty
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And other lessons from the crematory - Caitlin Doughty
The Whole Death Catalogue: A lively guide to the bitter end - Harold Schechter
- How We Die: Reflections on Life’s Final Chapter – Sherwin B. Nuland M.D.
- Dying Well – Dr. Ira Byock M.D.
The Undertaking – Thomas Lynch
Death's Door: Modern Dying and the Ways We Grieve - Sandra M. Gilbert
Articles about Death and End-of-Life Doulas